Kids’ Art and Essay Competition
Kids can show off their artistic and/or writing skills! Their original creations can be submitted by email to [email protected]
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO WEDNESDAY, JAN 24 – KIDS COMPETITIONS FOR REPUBLIC DAY!
Topic: What I think of India!
No participation fee.
Age groups: Group 1: 8 years or younger
Group 2: 9-12 years
Group 3: 13-16 years
Trophies and certificates will be presented to the winners.
Contact Rajesh Sahasrabudhe ([email protected] / 513-288-7352) with any questions.
Essay Competition Rules:
Essay length: Group 1 & 2: 8 or younger and 9-12: Maximum 200 words
Group 3: 13-16: Maximum 500 words
Essays should be original. Researching background information is permitted; however, references to books or online sources should be listed with the essay. Plagiarism can result in disqualification.
The name of the kid and age should be listed on each page.
The essay can be sent to [email protected] in MS Word or PDF format
- Content —————————————————-15 points
- Strength of Expression———————————15 points
- Clarity of Writing——– ——————————–15 points
- Appropriate Vocabulary——————————-15 points
- Originality————————————————–40 points
- TOTAL——————————————————-100 points
Art Competition Rules:
- 8” x 10” canvas or heavy-weight paper for Groups 1 & 2; 11” x 14” canvas or heavy-weight paper for Group 3
- Choose from one or more of the following: Acrylic paints, poster paints, water colors, oil paints, colored pencils, pastels, drawing pencils
- Art should be original. Research for ideas and referral images is permitted; however, references should be used in an original manner within the art composition. Blatant copying can result in disqualification.
- The name of the kid and age should be listed on each page.
- A high-resolution photo can be sent by email to [email protected]. Even though the photo is acceptable, we strongly encourage submission of the original artwork or creation of the artwork on-site on Sunday, January 21st, 10:30 – 12:30, at Nrityarpana Studio, 6011 Tylersville Rd, Suite 2 (same lot as Buffalo Wild Wings, behind Tantalize Salon) Mason, Ohio.
- Judging Criteria:
- Originality and creativity———————————————-40 points
- Overall quality, technique, and command of medium——-30 points
- Composition————————————————————–15 points
- Interpretation and Clarity of Topic———————————15 points
- TOTAL———————————————————————100 points
During this Giving Season!
YOU can make an impact!
YOUR donation makes a direct impact at the last mile. Your investment in AID in an investment in the People of India.
AID is a volunteer driven organization with a 4 star rating from Charity Navigator. We work with grassroots group embedded in the community who are led by the authentic voices from adivasi, dalit communities, women & gender variant groups standing up against violence.
Harmony 2017 features “Pancham Redefined”, an exciting tribute to R.D. Burman (Pancham), the stalwart Bollywood composer, in a fun-filled retro experience of nostalgic timeless melodies. The acclaimed musicians are led by the Grammy-nominated Subhen Chatterjee, a world-class musician who is featured in the Guinness Book of World Records. The Washington Post described Chatterjee as a great performer”. His virtuosity was hailed by The Statesman as “mind blowing”. The other musicians from India have also won prestigious awards such as SaReGaMa. The vocalists, Subhankar Bhaskar and Paroma, are highly successful playback singers in India.
Harmony events have been presented since 2002 by the Cincinnati chapter of Association for India’s Development (AID). The chapter supports sustainable development projects in India as well as promotes cross-culture enrichment in Cincinnati.
Date: 7 PM on Friday, October 6 at the
Location: Winton Woods High School, 1231 W Kemper Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45240.
Admission – $75, $50, $25 (students: $15)
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF GROUP DISCOUNTS!
CLICK HERE to purchase tickets.
Ticket price includes Light Dinner
For more information about Harmony 2017
Call: 513-549- 7170,
Email: [email protected]
AID-Cincinnati presents Indradhanush 2017, a FREE ADMISSION music concert by Vidwans Balasubramanya Sharma, G. Gurumurthy and Nitish Ammanayya from Bangalore. The artistes are extremely well-renowned for their award-winning musical prowess. They will be accompanied by our own Sri Ramesh Iyer. Indradhanush 2017 features a variety of classical, semi-classical and raga-based film songs in multiple languages (South Indian, Hindi).
- July 29, 4-5:30 pm, NrityArpana Studio, 6011 Tylersville Road, Suite 2, Mason, OH 45040
- More info contact:
- FREE Admission
Association for India’s Development (AID) Cincinnati Chapter and Greater Cincinnati Tamil Sangam (GCTS) jointly present a talk on Impact and Scalability of AID Eureka Programs
Liberty Bible Academy
4900, Old Irwin Simpson Rd, Mason, OH – 45040
May 30, Tuesday @ 7 PM
AID Cincinnati Chapter and Greater Cincinnati Tamil Sangam present a talk on Organic Farming in Tamil Nadu and Beyond by Ms. Revathi. Ms. Revathi, a world renowned pioneer in organic farming, aims for farmers to adopt sustainable techniques without compromising the natural potential of the land.
Click Here for Facebook Event.
Location – Google Maps Link
Come and enjoy a night of contemporary music by Aditya Prakash Ensemble. AP Ensemble create original compositions inspired from the styles of Indian classical, folk, jazz, funk, blues and hip hop. Aditya regularly composes for acclaimed dancer Mythili Prakash’s productions, the most recent of which was MARA, amongst other collaborative music projects.
The AP Ensemble has done some remarkably creative work, including these compositions for dance:
You can listen to some of their music at : //adityaprakashmusic.com/
Also Featuring M Revathi who is a prominent ad respected personality across the globe for her pioneering effort and success in the field of organic farming. Her goal is to bring about a cultural and behavioral change within every farmer across India to adopt sustainable farming techniques without compromising on the natural potential of the land.
Rides available for UC Students! RSVP here for rides!
We at Association for India’s Development (AID) – Cincinnati Chapter, cordially invite you to celebrate India’s 70th Independence Day – Milan 2016. Come and enjoy fine Indian cuisine in a grand setting at Ramada Plaza Cincinnati, while participating in a discussion on pressing socio-economic issues in India, AID’s contribution towards the country’s growth, and your role in supporting AID.
We are privileged to have an AID stalwart in attendance – Dr. Srinivas Rao “Naga” Chadaram (Director, AID and Co-founder/CEO of Aura Life).
AID-Cincinnati is pleased to announce a Silent Auction at Milan 2016. We are thrilled that Dr. Tapas Ray has kindly donated his original painting, “Music for Food” (picture attached), towards the Auction. Please donate items for the Auction – all unused and gently used items are welcome.
Click Here for Facebook Event.
Location – Google Maps Link
Admission is FREE; Click Here to RSVP