Kids’ Art and Essay Competition
Kids can show off their artistic and/or writing skills! Their original creations can be submitted by email to email@example.com by Sunday, Jan 21 or they can join us in-person to drop off or even create the essay/artwork on Sunday, January 21st between 10:30 am -12:30 pm at NrityArpana Studio, 6011 Tylersville Rd, Suite 2 (same lot as Buffalo Wild Wings, behind Tantalize Salon) Mason, Ohio. This is an opportunity to meet with other kids, exchange thoughts about India and enjoy light snacks!
Topic: What I think of India!
No participation fee.
Age groups: Group 1: 8 years or younger
Group 2: 9-12 years
Group 3: 13-16 years
Trophies and certificates will be presented to the winners.
Contact Rajesh Sahasrabudhe (firstname.lastname@example.org / 513-288-7352) with any questions.
Essay Competition Rules:
Essay length: Group 1 & 2: 8 or younger and 9-12: Maximum 200 words
Group 3: 13-16: Maximum 500 words
Essays should be original. Researching background information is permitted; however, references to books or online sources should be listed with the essay. Plagiarism can result in disqualification.
The name of the kid and age should be listed on each page.
The essay can be sent to email@example.com in MS Word or PDF format
- Content —————————————————-15 points
- Strength of Expression———————————15 points
- Clarity of Writing——– ——————————–15 points
- Appropriate Vocabulary——————————-15 points
- Originality————————————————–40 points
- TOTAL——————————————————-100 points
Art Competition Rules:
- 8” x 10” canvas or heavy-weight paper for Groups 1 & 2; 11” x 14” canvas or heavy-weight paper for Group 3
- Choose from one or more of the following: Acrylic paints, poster paints, water colors, oil paints, colored pencils, pastels, drawing pencils
- Art should be original. Research for ideas and referral images is permitted; however, references should be used in an original manner within the art composition. Blatant copying can result in disqualification.
- The name of the kid and age should be listed on each page.
- A high-resolution photo can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Even though the photo is acceptable, we strongly encourage submission of the original artwork or creation of the artwork on-site on Sunday, January 21st, 10:30 – 12:30, at Nrityarpana Studio, 6011 Tylersville Rd, Suite 2 (same lot as Buffalo Wild Wings, behind Tantalize Salon) Mason, Ohio.
- Judging Criteria:
- Originality and creativity———————————————-40 points
- Overall quality, technique, and command of medium——-30 points
- Composition————————————————————–15 points
- Interpretation and Clarity of Topic———————————15 points
- TOTAL———————————————————————100 points